- Anyone can play K-8. All levels of prior knowledge are accepted. Many students come in with no prior knowledge and we make sure to build a good foundation with these students.
- Chess Club meets Wednesday's in the Culhane Room, from 3:00-4:15.
- The class is typically split into two sections, beginners and intermediates. Each section will have an: a) instruction period when I will work them in a class setting to develop new skills and b) a play period where they spar against the other students in their section to apply these new skills.
At the end of each semester, we will have a MPHM Chess Club Championship, in which the two sections are combined and play a tournament (during normal meeting times) to determine who is that semester's MPHM Chess Champion.
- The cost is $125 a semester. The club will reimburse students' KSCA (Kansas Scholastic Chess Association) [https://sites.google.com/view/kscachess/home] tournament entry fees at the end of the semester. Typically the entry fee for a tournament is $10, and we will often attend 5-6 tournaments a semester. Tournaments are optional, but highly encouraged. The more attendance the more trophies we can bring back to Most Pure Heart's Chess Club display!
- All equipment, chess boards, sets, and clocks are provided.